Prometric is committed to helping you succeed in your career. We have assembled the materials listed below to assist you in preparing for your exam in terms of the types of questions you will see on your test, as well as the skills you’ll need to know to pass. Preparing for test day is the best way to ensure your success!
Home Care Aide practice questions for the written exam: A 10-question multiple choice practice exam to give you an idea of the types of questions you’ll see on the actual test. (Note: does not contain real questions from the actual exam).
Home Care Aide Skills Checklist: A collection of checklists containing the criteria used by the rater to evaluate a candidate’s performance for each of the skills included in the Skills Exam.
General Instructions for the skills test: This set of instructions is intended to provide you with an idea of what to expect on the day of your skills test. These instructions are provided in multiple languages for your convenience. Please select your language below:
- General Instructions Arabic
- General Instructions Chinese
- General Instructions English
- General Instructions KHMER (Cambodian)
- General Instructions Korean
- General Instructions Laotian
- General Instructions Russian
- General Instructions Samoan
- General Instructions Somali
- General Instructions Spanish
- General Instructions Tagalog
- General Instructions Ukrainian
- General Instructions Vietnamese
Sample Skills Exam Instruction Card: This is a sample instruction card that candidates are handed at the test site before they take their skills exam. It is left blank so training programs can fill in any combination of skills that may be tested and use this card to help their candidates prepare/practice for their skills exam. Please notice that handwashing and common care practices are not listed on the card, but candidates are expected to perform those skills on every skills exam. Please see the checklist for more information about these and other skills.
What are Common Care Practices and how are they evaluated on the skills test. Click here to find out.
Frequently Missed Checkpoints: These are the most frequently missed checkpoints by candidates on the Home Care Aide Skills Exam.
- Translated Checklists Arabic
- Translated Checklists Chinese
- Translated Checklists KHMER (Cambodian)
- Translated Checklists Korean
- Translated Checklists Laotian
- Translated Checklists Russian
- Translated Checklists Samoan
- Translated Checklists Somali
- Translated Checklists Spanish
- Translated Checklists Tagalog
- Translated Checklists Ukrainian
- Translated Checklists Vietnamese