Important: NDA Communication To Candidates
Effective January 4, 2023, the ACIPA will require acceptance of a Uniform CPA Examination Conduct and Non-Disclosure Agreement as part of the exam scheduling process through Prometric. This agreement outlines a code of conduct for maintaining the secrecy and confidentiality of the Exam Content. Full agreement text can be downloaded at Uniform CPA Examination Conduct and Non-Disclosure Agreement | News | AICPA.
Don’t wait until exam day to figure out your legal obligations — this quick video explains everything you need to know.
Optimize your Scheduling Experience!
- Use our Seat Availability Tool to quickly check for appointment availability at the location of your choice. Note: You don't need an Exam Section ID to use this tool!
- Use our Google Maps site finder to get directions to a nearby test center.
- Need to change an existing appointment No account or password needed just your confirmation number.
Important information for Candidates wishing to sit for the CPA Exam in an International Location.
- To view the International Testing FAQs, please click here
Passport is REQUIRED to test for CPA at an international location
Testers in Guam or Puerto Rico, please select from the list below:
Steps to Register to Test in an International Location
- Apply for the examination through a participating state board. The list of participating state boards is posted in the International Section of the NASBA website. When you submit your application, you may be required to submit some or all of the application and examination fees.
- After receiving your Notice to Schedule, you may then register to take the examination in an international location and pay the additional fees per examination section. These fees are non-refundable.
- To complete the registration, please visit the Test Internationally section of the participating jurisdiction in which you wish to apply on the NASBA website. If you choose a jurisdiction that does not have a Test Internationally section, then you cannot take the CPA Exam internationally through that jurisdiction.
- Next, click the button on the Test Internationally page to pay the international fees and complete your international registration. You will be asked to provide identifying information, as well as information from your NTS. You will also need a valid Passport or National ID Card in order to register. Candidates who complete the registration process can attend the selected examination section(s) in the selected international location only.
Note: After the registration process is complete for each examination section, you will need to wait at least 24 hours before you are able to schedule your appointment.
Are you ready to schedule your exam?
- Select the Country below where you would like to take your CPA Exam. Japan United Arab Emirates Bahrain Kuwait Lebanon Brazil
- Select Schedule an Exam.
- After carefully reviewing welcome screen, click NEXT, read all of the policy information and respond to proceed.
- On the Eligibility Information Screen, enter your examination section identification number from your NTS (you have one identification number for each section of the examination—be sure to use the correct examination identification number for the section you are scheduling) and enter the first four letters of your last name. Click NEXT.
- Confirm proper section and click NEXT. Important: please select the appropriate exam section for the location where you are approved to test (i.e. REGULATION (Japan) or REGULATION (Middle East).
- Follow on-screen instructions to select the location, date and time you would like to schedule your section.
- Select COMPLETE REGISTRATION to complete your scheduling.
- It is advised that you print the confirmation number for your appointment and keep for your records.
The International Qualification Examination- IQEX (REGIQ): The IQEX will be offered at testing locations in the United States and territories and Canada. To schedule the exam, select the International Qualification Exam from the list of exams under CPA.
Information About CPA Testing
Do you need some extra guidance or want to talk to other people on the journey to becoming a CPA? Not sure what area of accounting to focus in? Check out the AICPA’s site www.ThisWayToCPA.com and meet thousands of people just like you. The site is full of tools to help you out along the way so you can plan a successful career as a CPA.
Check the official Uniform CPA Examination website for news, frequently asked questions, the exam content, and exam sample tests/tutorials. For more information, check the official AICPA and NASBA website.
For important information about the International Qualification Examination, please visit the NASBA website at www.nasba.org and the AICPA website at http://www.aicpa.org/becomeacpa/cpaexam/examoverview/iqex/pages/default.aspx
Please visit www.prometric.com/cpa 24-hours before your scheduled exam to confirm your appointment.
If you have been approved for Special Accommodations by your Board, you must call the following number to schedule: 800-967-1139 or click here
Important Information about your Test Event! Please carefully review.
- On the day of your scheduled exam, you must bring your Notice To Schedule (NTS) with you to the test center. You will not be allowed, under any circumstances, to sit for your examination without your NTS.
- The CPA Candidate Bulletin and the IQEX Candidate Bulletin contain valuable information regarding your testing event. All Candidates should carefully review the applicable Bulletin before arriving at the Test Center.
- The Candidate Bulletin contains valuable information regarding your testing event. All Candidates should carefully review the Bulletin before arriving at the Test Center.
- At the test center you will be asked to read and acknowledge our Test Center Regulations. Review these Regulations and other important information in our Test Taker FAQs.
- The Tutorial and Sample Tests are available at https://www.aicpa.org/cpaexam.
- You should be aware that introductory examination screens operate under time limits. If those limits are exceeded, the session will automatically terminate and it will not be possible to restart the exam. While there is adequate time to review the screens and respond, there is not time for you to take notes, leave the testing room, or do anything other than reading and responding to the screens.
Before scheduling for any section of the CPA exam, your local Jurisdiction/State Board must have approved your eligibility.
Prior to proceeding please:
- Have your Notice to Schedule available for eligibility verification.
- Ensure the information on your primary photo identification exactly matches the name you are scheduling under.
- Have your personal calendar as you will be asked to choose a date, time and location for your exam (changing this information may result in a fee).