About the CFE Exam
The CFE Exam is a four-part examination that tests your knowledge of the major areas that comprise the fraud examination body of knowledge: Financial Transactions and Fraud Schemes, Law, Investigation, and Fraud Prevention and Deterrence. To learn about how to take the CFE Exam, visit the ACFE website.
Scheduling Your Exam
There are two ways to take the CFE Exam: 1) through remote proctoring at a location of your choice or 2) at a Prometric Testing Center.
- Ensure you have access to a:
- Computer capable of installing a lightweight app
- Web camera capable of a 360-degree environmental check
- Stable internet connection
- Private location
- Confirm your computer and network’s compatibility to allow remote proctoring. Remote exams are offered using Prometric’s ProProctorTM online software.
- Click here to schedule your remotely proctored exam.
Prometric Testing Center
- Click here to schedule your exam at a Prometric Testing Center.
- Note that there will be an additional $10-per-exam sitting fee for any CFE Exam sections completed at a testing center, paid directly to the ACFE.
There is no charge for changing or canceling an exam appointment 30 days or more before a scheduled appointment. Changes made between 3 and 29 days are subject to a $35 fee, paid directly to Prometric at the time of the appointment change. You may not reschedule an exam less than 3 days prior to your appointment. If you fail to show up for an exam or cancel within 3 days of a scheduled appointment, you will be subject to a $50 rescheduling fee (paid directly to the ACFE) and forfeiture of an exam attempt.
If you are taking a 2021 or 2022 exam, Prometric will email you a score report with your exam results within an hour of completing each exam section. Results can also be found in the Prometric score report portal after entering your confirmation number and last name.
If you are taking a 2020 exam, you will receive your complete exam results within 3–5 business days of your final exam submission. CFE Exam Review Course attendees will receive their exam results within 1–2 business days after each individual exam submission.