Prometric has been actively engaged in identifying and responding to the potential health risks COVID-19 poses to our test takers, staff, and other individuals. Our responses have taken into account numerous perspectives, including governmental policies and information provided by local/global health organizations.
At this time, Prometric is instituting a suspension of all nurse aide testing (initially effective 3/17/20 through 4/16/20, to be extended if necessary) since the exam includes a skills demonstration component requiring close interaction between candidates and actors. For the latest updates regarding COVID-19 in general and best practices for overall health and safety, please visit the https://www.cdc.gov/.
We will reschedule any impacted candidates as soon as we can.
Welcome! The Florida Department of Health (DOH) has contracted with Prometric to develop and administer its Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Exam.
Here you will find all of the information you need regarding the CNA exam as well as important information on the CNA Registry.
The FL Department of Health/Board of Nursing and Prometric collaborate to ensure potential CNAs test as quickly as possible. There are several steps (outlined here) that must be completed by the CNA candidates, training programs, Prometric staff, and DOH/Board staff before a candidate can be deemed eligible and scheduled to test.
- Candidates or Training Programs: Submit complete testing application with testing fees to be received by Prometric at least 50 days before the requested test date.
- Prometric: Process applications within 3 business days and forward information to the DOH/Board.
- Candidates: Complete a Level II background screening with image capture.
- If you are a IFT Test Site, complete the online IFT request form (located under Training Programs and Test Centers) and submit to Prometric to request a test date that is at least 45 days in the future.
- State-approved Training Programs: Send a school list to the Board office identifying all students who have successfully completed training.
- Board Staff: Review all submitted materials to determine candidate eligibility to test and notify Prometric of approval. (This step can take up to 30 days).
- Prometric: Schedule candidates upon receipt of eligibility from the Board. (Eligibility approval must be received from the Board at least 5 business days prior to the event or a change in test date may be required).
Thank you in advance for your adherence to the process and associated timelines detailed above.
Candidate Information Bulletin
The candidate information bulletin has all the information you will need regarding certification routes, testing requirements, and testing fees. Review this document before submitting your application.
Application & Other Forms
Here’s the list of all approved Regional test site locations. Include your preferred test site on your application.
You can apply to take your exam online or via US mail. The online applications allow for immediate credit card payment processing. Paper applications should be used when paying with certified check or money order.
You will also need to submit your fingerprints for a background screening. More information on that can be found here:
- FBI Privacy Statement
- FDLE Privacy Statement
- FLDOH Fingerprint Vendor List
- FLDOH Fingerprinting Form
If your name or address has changed since the last time you tested with us, use this form to update your information.
Prometric provides a variety of accommodations to candidates that qualify under the American’s with Disabilities Act (ADA). Submit this form with your application to receive accommodations on exam day.
Prepare for the Exam
Below you will find exam preparation materials for your Clinical Skills exam including the exact checklist that will be used by your evaluator.
TRAINING PROGRAM AND TEST SITE RESOURCES
- IFT Online Request Form
- Roster Updates
- Clinical Skills Testing Room, Equipment and Supplies Requirements
Contact the FL Operations Team
Phone: 1.866.794.3497 Option 2 then Option 1
M-F 8am to 6pm EST
CNA REGISTRY SERVICES
- As of August 7th, 2019, both the online and paper applications for the FLCNA exam have been updated. Any outdated applications received will be marked as incomplete until the new application is submitted. Remember to always check the website for up-to-date versions of all documentation.
- As of March 24, 2019, Prometric will only transmit completed applications to the FLDOH for processing. What does this mean? Currently, Prometric transmits all applications (whether they are complete or not) to the FLDOH. As of March 23, if candidate applications are incomplete for any reason (including payment), candidate applications will not move forward in the process. Candidates should make sure that applications are complete upon submission to Prometric. You will receive a status e-mail showing your application as complete in Prometric’s system. At that time, the application has been transmitted to the DOH. Prior to receiving that e-mail, candidates should contact Prometric with any questions or concerns regarding their application at 888.277.3500.
- If any changes need to be made after an application is complete (i.e. name change or correction, SSN change, address change, change to a health history answer, etc.), the candidate will need to contact the FLDOH, not Prometric, in order to have those items updated. FLDOH will then update Prometric’s records to ensure that our systems are in sync. Candidates should e-mail the FLDOH at a at MQA.CNA@flhealth.gov or call 850.245.4125.