Prometric has been actively engaged in identifying and responding to the potential health risks COVID-19 poses to our test takers, staff, and other individuals. Our responses have taken into account numerous perspectives, including governmental policies and information provided by local/global health organizations.
Currently, Delaware CNAs are required to take 24 hours of CEUs every two years through an online company named Elsevier. On January, 1, 2020, the company that CNAs will be required to take online training from will be RELIAS. Delaware CNAs are also required by state law to work 64 hours, during their 24-month certification period, under the supervision of a nurse completing nursing related duties.
The below bullet points should help clarify some of the changes, which the Division of Health Care Quality (DHCQ) will continue to update on its website at: https://www.dhss.delaware.gov/dhss/dhcq/
- As of January 1, 2020, CNAs will no longer be sending their payments or renewal forms to the Division of Health Care Quality. Both the $25.00 renewal fee and renewal form will be completed through the RELIAS website;
- CNAs must obtain an individual e-mail address to create an account in RELIAS; a free e-mail address can be obtained through:
- CNAs will pay RELIAS online using a credit/debit card. If they do not have a credit/debit card, they can obtain a pre-paid credit card;
- Information on how to log into the RELIAS website will be displayed on the DHCQ website at: https://www.dhss.delaware.gov/dhss/dhcq/
- CNAs will be taking their CEU classes that will be presented in a bundled package selected by DHCQ;
- Pursuant to 16 Del. C., 3220, §184.108.40.206, a CNA must perform at least 64 hours of nursing related services for pay under the supervision of a nurse. CNAs will select the 64 hour Employment Verification Statement as a class and document their employment history. The DHCQ staff will verify this information. Falsifying information could result in a CNA’s certification being revoked;
- RELIAS customer service operates Monday-Friday from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm;
- There will be an option in RELIAS to upload transcripts for college nursing classes to receive General CEU credits;
- If CNAs do not complete the required CEUs before their certification expiration date, along with verifying their 64 hours of employment within their two year re-certification cycle; they will have to retake the CNA exam offered by Prometric. Currently, the cost to test for the CNA exam is $115.
See our website for updated information regarding these changes. Please feel free to call DHCQ at 302-421-7410 or 302-424-8607.
Welcome! The Delaware Division of Long Term Care Residents Protection (DLTCRP) has contracted with Prometric Inc. to develop and administer its Nurse Aide Competency Exam and to manage the CNA Registry.
Below you will find all of the information you need regarding the CNA exam as well as important information on the CNA Registry and certification renewal.
Candidate Information Bulletin
The candidate information bulletin has all of the information you will need regarding certification routes, testing requirements, testing fees, and information on renewing your CNA certification. Review this document before submitting your application.
Application & Other Forms
You can apply to take your exam online or via US mail. The online applications allow for immediate credit card payment processing. Paper applications should be used when paying with certified check or money order.
- Online Application Form
- Paper Application Form
- Open Regional Testing Locations
- Reciprocity Application Form
If your name or address has changed since the last time you tested with us, use this form to update your information.
Prometric provides a variety of accommodations to candidates that qualify under the American’s with Disabilities Act (ADA). Submit this form with your application to receive accommodations on exam day.
Prepare for the Exam
Below you will find exam preparation materials for your Clinical Skills exam including the exact checklist that will be used by your evaluator.
TRAINING PROGRAM AND TEST SITE RESOURCES
- IFT Online Request Form
- Roster Updates
- Clinical Skills Testing Room, Equipment and Supplies Requirements
Contact the DE Operations Team
Phone: 1.866.794.3497 Option 2 then Option 1
M-F 8am to 6pm EST
CNA REGISTRY SERVICES
Certification Renewal Form
If you are a current CNA ready to renew, submit he below form at least 2 weeks prior to your certificate expiration.
- Delaware Division of Long Term Care Residents Protection website
- Renewal Application
- Application for Deemed Certification
- State Registry Listing
Verify Certification Status
Use the link below to access the state CNA Registry and verify the status of a CNA.