Here are the basic steps to get you ready for your Vermont Insurance Exam.
ATTENTION: Please ensure when creating your profile that you provide Prometric with the correct DOB and SSN. If you fail to provide accurate information, this will result in you being unable to apply for your license after you have passed your examination(s). Should a demographic update be required after you have scheduled or taken your exam please contact Prometric directly for handling.
2. Schedule Your Test
- Create or login to your profile as outlined in Step 1
- Click on “Register” next to the exam that you would like to take
- Select which pre-licensing school/education provider you used when preparing for your exam from the provided drop down list
- If you did not utilize a pre-licensing school/education provider when preparing for your exam please select “Not Applicable” from the drop down list
- If your pre-licensing school/education provider is not listed please select “Other” from the drop down list
- Once the above has been completed, your exam will now be listed under the “Ready to Schedule” section of the page
- Select “Schedule now” to proceed with next steps
B.) To schedule for a Remotely Proctored Exam
The Vermont Department of Financial Regulation and Prometric are pleased to announce the availability of the Vermont Insurance exams via Remotely Proctored testing using Prometric’s ProProctor™ application.
You may schedule remotely proctored for your Vermont Insurance exams. To schedule, candidates should the contact the Prometric Contact Center using the state’s toll-free number 800.868.6113 between 8 a.m. and 9 p.m. (Eastern time), Monday through Friday. At the end of the call, you will receive a confirmation number for your appointment and will receive an email confirmation with instructions. Record and keep this confirmation number for your records as you will need it to launch your exam.
3. Review the Test Content Outlines
Prepare for your upcoming test by carefully reading the Test Content Outlines which have been prepared to help you successfully pass the test.
4. Download the License Information Bulletin
Test Center Exams
Please download the License Information Bulletin to find more information regarding fees, scheduling policies, scoring information and FAQs.
Remotely Proctored Exams
Please download the Remote Proctor License Information Bulletin to find more information regarding fees, scheduling policies, scoring information and FAQs.