New candidates will now need to create a new profile before scheduling their exam. Candidates who have previously tested with Prometric, will receive a Welcome email which will contain a link for you to create your account. Your account will be linked to your Profile and you will be able to see your testing history. If you have already passed your exam and have applied for your license, you will NOT need to re-take your examination.
- If you have registered and paid but have not yet scheduled for your exam, please do so prior to May 15th. If you are unable to do so, a refund will be processed and you will receive a check after May 20th. Please note that a refund check could take 2-3 weeks for processing.
- Every candidate will need to create a new account, but those with existing profiles will need to use the welcome email as a starting point. If a candidate creates a new profile without using that link, a duplicate profile will be created and could result in scheduling challenges.
Rest assured that the process for scheduling an appointment will remain the same.
Here are the basic steps to get you ready for your Vermont Insurance Exam.
ATTENTION: Please ensure when creating your profile that you provide Prometric with the correct DOB and SSN. If you fail to provide accurate information, this will result in you being unable to apply for your license after you have passed your examination(s). Should a demographic update be required after you have scheduled or taken your exam please contact Prometric directly for handling.
Once you are set up and logged into your account, you are able to schedule your test. Just follow the below steps:
- Create or login to your profile as outlined in Step 2
- Click on “Register” next to the exam that you would like to take
- Select which pre-licensing school/education provider you used when preparing for your exam from the provided drop down list
- If you did not utilize a pre-licensing school/education provider when preparing for your exam please select “Not Applicable” from the drop down list
- If your pre-licensing school/education provider is not listed please select “Other” from the drop down list
- Once the above has been completed, your exam will now be listed under the “Ready to Schedule” section of the page
- Select “Schedule now” to proceed with next steps
3. Review the Test Content Outlines
Prepare for your upcoming test by carefully reading the Test Content Outlines which have been prepared to help you successfully pass the test.