Information about CDA
The Canadian Dental Aptitude Test (DAT) is provided by the Canadian Dental Association (CDA) to assist Canadian dental schools in selecting first-year students. Scores from the Canadian DAT are also accepted by many US and international dental schools. Check with non-Canadian dental schools on the acceptability of Canadian DAT scores for your situation.
To learn more about the Canadian DAT, visit the CDA website at www.cda-adc.ca/dat.
Scheduling your test
Before scheduling your test, you must register for the Canadian DAT on the CDA website and pay the associated fee. You are able to schedule your test when you have received your Eligibility ID from CDA. To begin scheduling your test, click Locate or Schedule on the left.
After scheduling your exam, please review your appointment confirmation email to ensure that you have the correct exam, date, time, and testing location.
This checklist is a summary of the most frequent issues that create complications for examinees on the day of testing. CDA encourages you to read the entire DAT Candidate Guide and to contact the DAT office at email@example.com with any questions.
- I am bringing two original, current (not expired) forms of identification (ID) to the testing center. Acceptable forms of photo ID are:
- Driver's license
- Citizenship card
- Provincial Photo ID card
- Certificate of Indian Status
The second piece of ID must bear your signature. Acceptable items in addition to those listed above, include a credit card from a major Canadian bank or a student ID card with your photo and signature. Both pieces of identification you present must be valid (not expired), must show the same first name and last name, and the names must match what you registered with. You will NOT be admitted to the test centre if your ID does not meet these requirements.
- The name on my registration matches my IDs exactly. I will contact the CDA if there is any possibility of a mismatch. Examples:
Matching names: Joseph Anthony Smith and Joseph Anthony Smith or Joseph Anthony Smith and Joseph A. Smith
Non-matching names: J. Anthony Smith and Joseph A. Smith or Joseph Anthony Smith and Joseph Anthony Smith-Johnson
- I will follow the instructions of the test administrator and the rules of the testing center.
- I have left all non-essential items at home.
- I will store any personal items, such as cell phone, food, candy, beverages, pens, pencils, lip balm, wallets, keys, jackets, etc. in the assigned locker at the testing center. I understand that I may not access these items during testing or an unscheduled break.
- I will double check my pockets to ensure they are empty before I sign in to test.
- I know what to do if I encounter a problem at the Test Center. If I experience a problem with testing conditions, I must notify the test administrator immediately. I understand that concerns not resolved at the testing center must be submitted in writing (via email at firstname.lastname@example.org) within five business days of my testing appointment to the DAT Associate.
- I have made arrangements for my ride or to notify my family or friends after I complete my test and have signed out of the test center. I will not use my cell phone or other electronic devices in the test center or during my testing session.