Information About CBIC & the CIC® Exam
What is CBIC? The Certification Board of Infection Control & Epidemiology, Inc. (CBIC®) is a voluntary, autonomous, multidisciplinary board that provides direction for and administers the certification process for professionals in infection control and applied epidemiology. CBIC is independent and separate from any other infection control-related organization or association, but does collaborate with three partner organizations (APIC, IPAC, and IFIC) to help promote the importance of being certified in infection prevention and control (CIC®).
- For more information on the application process, including eligibility requirements, please visit https://www.cbic.org/CBIC/Candidate-Handbook/Eligibility-Requirements.
- Additional information regarding the examination may also be found in the CBIC Handbook https://www.cbic.org/CBIC/Candidate-Handbook.htm.
Scheduling your Exam
- How to schedule your exam at a Prometric Test Center
- How to schedule a ProProctorTM (Remotely Proctored) Exam
Online, remote exams are offered using Prometric’s ProProctor online proctoring. You will be able to take the exam remotely online while a Prometric proctor is overseeing the examination process remotely.
To learn more about remote proctoring, please review our ProProctor User Guide.
To confirm that your computer and network will allow testing through ProProctor™ go to our website and perform the required system check.
- The information on the identification you bring with you to the Prometric testing center for your examination appointment must match the information you provided on your application. If you applied using a different name, please contact CBIC at email@example.com prior to your testing date.
- A score report is generated upon completion of the initial certification examination and will be emailed to examinees by Prometric within one hour. A pass/fail indicator is generated immediately for the recertification examination.
- Google Chrome is the required web browser for your ProProctor web application exam to run.
- Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are the recommended web browsers when taking the recertification examination. CBIC does not recommend using Internet Explorer.