To help ensure the protection of our employees and test takers and to remain in compliance with governmental mandates and recommendations from the CDC, WHO, and Johns Hopkins University, safety practices will be enacted throughout the testing process and will be compliant with local government guidelines.
Please Note: China has specific policies in place based on local guidelines. If you are a CFA Program candidate testing in China and are looking for additional information, please visit https://www.prometric.com.cn/page/1447 . If you are candidate other than CFA and will be tested in our continuous testing center. Please visit https://www.prometric.com.cn/china-center-status
For candidates who are planning to travel to another state, province, or country to take your examination, please review our travel advisory notice here.
1. Arrival and Check-In Procedures
During the check-in process, all Prometric test center employees will:
- Visually check the test taker’s glasses and ID. Candidates wearing masks will need to be lower or remove the mask momentarily for this process, specifically so that the reverse side of all test takers masks can be inspected, by clasping the sides or strap of the mask to remove briefly and then reaffixing in same manner.
- As of July 1, 2023, only valid government issued IDs will be accepted.
- Require test takers to sign in on roster sheet with a Prometric-supplied pen.
- Provide test takers an assigned locker number and key to place their belongings, if needed. Test takers will retain the key, and the locker area will remain under video surveillance while the center is open.
2. Proctor & Testing Room Procedures
Prior to entering the proctoring room, the following processes will be enacted:
- As a part of Prometric’s security protocols, test takers will be asked to show arms and ankles, as well as empty their pockets. Test takers will be scanned with a handheld metal detection device prior to entering the testing room (with the exception of exempt individuals).
- Image capture (if applicable) will be completed from the same position. Any test takers wearing masks will need to lower or remove momentarily for this process by clasping the sides or strap of the mask to remove briefly, and then reaffixing in same manner. As an additional safety measure, all test takers are required to use hand sanitizer before using any fingerprint scanners.
- Test center staff will provide candidates with note boards and markers or paper and pencils for those who use scratch paper, where applicable by program.
During the exam process, the following process will be enacted:
- Where local government guidelines dictate, test takers will be seated in a manner that ensures applicable distancing requirements are satisfied during testing.
- Monitoring of the test room will be done exclusively using existing DVR monitoring. Physical walkthroughs by TCAs will also be conducted at least every 10 minutes.
- If a break is permissible according to the exam program rules or there is a question, test takers should raise their hands and wait for a test center employee to acknowledge them. For locker access during breaks, the same process applied during check-in will be followed. Test takers will be instructed to only access lockers for food, drink, and medication, with the exception of programs with full access. Please consult your test sponsor’s client practice guide for your exam’s specific locker access policies.
- Test center staff will record the time in and out of the test room, removing the need for the test taker to sign the roster during exit and return from breaks.
3. End of Test Procedures
Once the exam is complete, the following processes will be enacted:
- Test takers will be asked to return to the reception/admin area to complete their sign out process.
- Test center employees will then:
- Have the test taker sign out with the Prometric provided pen.
- Instruct test takers to provide all plain colored scratch paper and place them into a secure bin or return used erasable note boards for cleaning.
- Allow test takers to go to their locker to collect personal items.
- Allow test taker to sign out/return the locker key.
Final cleaning procedures will require:
- Test takers to place their pen and locker key in a holding tub prior to leaving the facility, in order for these to be cleaned for the next test taker to use.
- Test center staff will clean used pens and erasable note boards and put them back into circulation at the end of the day.
- Test center staff to clean all surfaces, including every workstation, admin desk, and proctor desk, at the start and end of each day.
Please note that these procedures will be subject to change as necessary.
We have fully reviewed all test center operations and continue to reinforce expected actions at all test centers around the world that will mitigate the risk of spread of the virus at these locations. These procedures include cleaning high-touch surfaces (ex. test stations, keyboard keys, mouse, etc.) before we open and at the end of the day, and providing hand sanitizer and disposable wipes so that common surfaces can be wiped.