To help ensure the protection of our employees and your test takers and in compliance with the Chinese Government & Building Management Epidemic Prevention Standard, safety practices will be enacted throughout the testing process—including observing social distancing at one meter per the aforementioned governmental regulations.
Hong Kong: According to the HKSAR “the Prevention and Control of Disease (Wearing of Mask) Regulation (Cap. 599I)” https://www.info.gov.hk/gia/general/202106/22/P2021062101063.htm. All people in Hong Kong must wear a mask at all times in a public area, regardless of being fully vaccinated. Therefore, after Sep 1, candidates tested in HK PTCs are still required to wear mask during the exams
The following sections outline these procedures and assume observance of social distancing via local government guidelines:
1. Arrival and Check-In Procedures
Prior to entering the test center building, test takers will be required to do the following:
- Have their temperature taken by test center staff. Results must read below 37.3˚C. Any test taker that comes to the test center and has a temperature or is exhibiting symptoms will be turned away and not allowed to test.
- Show their 14-day travel records via mobile phone services, as well as government proof of completion for 14-day quarantine.
- Present health code, which can be provided via Alipay platform.
- Bring and wear a mask during the entirety of their time at the test center. Both medical masks or cloth face coverings are acceptable. Masks with exhale valves are prohibited to use at the testing center. Any test taker that comes to the test center without an acceptable mask will not be allowed to test.
Candidates needing reimbursement for canceling or rescheduling an appointment due to COVID-19 illness/impact or displacement should follow our standard escalation procedure by utilizing the Test Taker Contact Us form on the Prometric website, which offers a specific option to "Request a Refund." Candidates who wish to reschedule without paying the fee upfront should contact Prometric by phone to reschedule, where applicable by program. Turnaround time for issuing candidate refunds is 7 - 14 business days.
*Medical and healthcare professionals who have been practicing safe and preventative measures using personal protective equipment with their patients are an exception.
**Highly-infected areas subject to travel restrictions/quarantine requirements are typically identified at the local level via orders, directives, or guidelines. Please consult with local requirements on restricted travel in the location you wish to test.
During the check-in process, all Prometric test center employees will:
- Have access to masks, gloves and sanitizing materials. All test center employees will be required to wear a mask. Employees may opt to wear gloves.
- Visually check the test taker’s glasses and ID. Candidate masks will need to be lowered or removed momentarily for this process, specifically so that the reverse side of all test takers masks can be inspected, by clasping the sides or strap of the mask to remove briefly and then reaffixing in same manner. IDs with expiration dates from February 1, 2020 forward will be acceptable for testing.
- Check IDs. Prometric no longer accepts IDs that are more than 90 days expired. We will continue to accept IDs that have expired within 90 days of the exam date for the interim. One form of Identification will be required to be presented to the test center staff. If the primary identification presented is missing one of the following: signature, picture or expiration date, then a second ID may be requested for verification.
- Require test takers to sign in on roster sheet with a Prometric-supplied pen, using hand sanitizer prior to use.
- Provide test takers an assigned locker number and key to place their belongings, if needed. Test takers will retain the key, and the locker area will remain under video surveillance while the center is open.
2. Proctor & Testing Room Procedures
Prior to entering the proctoring room, the following modified processes will be enacted:
- Where social distancing is in place according to the local government rules, test takers will be required to stand on the ‘stand here’ sign or ‘X’ in place on the floor, designating a safe distance away from the test center employee.
- As a part of Prometric’s security protocols, test takers will be asked to show arms and ankles, as well as empty their pockets. Test takers will be scanned with a handheld metal detection device prior to entering the testing room (with the exception of exempt individuals).
- Image capture (if applicable) will be completed from the same position. Any test takers wearing masks will need to lower or remove momentarily for this process by clasping the sides or strap of the mask to remove briefly, and then reaffixing in same manner. Biometrics procedures for required programs, specifically fingerprint and ID scans, have been reinstated in our global test centers. As an additional safety measure, all test takers are required to use hand sanitizer before using any fingerprint scanners.
- Test center staff will provide candidates with note boards and markers or paper and pencils for those who use scratch paper, where applicable by program.
During the exam process, the following modified process will be enacted:
- Where local government guidelines dictate, test takers will be seated with an open seat between each active workstation to ensure distancing guidelines are satisfied during testing.
- Monitoring of the test room will be done exclusively using existing DVR monitoring. Physical walkthroughs by TCAs will also be conducted at least every 10 minutes.
- If a break is permissible according to the exam program rules or there is a question, test takers should raise their hands and wait for a test center employee to acknowledge them. For locker access during breaks, the same process applied during check-in will be followed. Test takers will be instructed to only access lockers for food, drink, and medication, with the exception of programs with full access. Please consult your test sponsor’s client practice guide for your exam’s specific locker access policies.
- Test center staff will record the time in and out of the test room, removing the need for the test taker to sign the roster during exit and return from breaks.
3. End of Test Procedures
Once the exam is complete, the following modified processes will be enacted:
- Test takers will be asked to return to the reception/admin area to complete their sign out process.
- Test center employees will then:
- Have the test taker sign out with the Prometric provided pen.
- Instruct test takers to provide all plain colored scratch paper and place them into a secure bin or return used erasable note boards for cleaning.
- Allow test takers to go to their locker to collect personal items.
- Allow test taker to sign out/return the locker key.
Final cleaning procedures will require:
- Test takers to place their pen and locker key in a holding tub prior to leaving the facility, in order for these to be cleaned for the next test taker to use.
- Test center staff to use gloves when cleaning the used pens and erasable note boards and putting them back into circulation at the end of the day.
- Test center staff to clean all surfaces, including every workstation, admin desk, and proctor desk, at the start and end of each day.
Please note that these procedures will be subject to change as necessary. As of August 2, 2021, water fountains and water dispensers have been enabled, where applicable. Test takers may bring their own water to store in one of our lockers while they test.
We have fully reviewed all test center operations and continue to reinforce expected actions at all test centers around the world that will mitigate the risk of spread of the virus at these locations. These procedures include cleaning high-touch surfaces (ex. test stations, keyboard keys, mouse, etc.) before we open and at the end of the day, and providing hand sanitizer and disposable wipes so that common surfaces can be wiped.