To help ensure the protection of our employees and your test takers and in compliance with the Chinese Government & Building Management Epidemic Prevention Standard, safety practices will be enacted throughout the testing process—including observing social distancing at one meter per the aforementioned governmental regulations.
The following sections outline these procedures and assume observance of social distancing via local government guidelines:
1. Arrival and Check-In Procedures
Prior to entering the test center building, test takers will be required to do the following:
Have their temperature taken by test center staff. Results must read below 37.3˚C. Any test taker that comes to the test center and has a temperature or is exhibiting symptoms will be turned away and not allowed to test. These test takers will not be eligible for a free reschedule.
Show their 14-day travel records via mobile phone services, as well as government proof of completion for 14-day quarantine.
Present health code, which can be provided via Alipay platform.
Bring and wear a mask during the entirety of their time at the test center. Both medical masks or cloth face coverings are acceptable. Masks with exhale valves are prohibited to use at the testing center.
During the check-in process, all Prometric test center employees will:
- Have access to masks, gloves and sanitizing materials. All test center employees will be required to wear a mask.
- Visually check the test taker’s ID (IDs with expiration dates from February 1, 2020 forward will be acceptable for testing).
- Require test takers to sign in on roster sheet with a Prometric-supplied pen. The pen will then be placed into locker with personnel belongings, or kept by the test taker if required along with scratch paper use during the exam.
- Open the locker and then leaves the area so that the test taker can enter and place belongings in the locker. When the test taker is clear of the area, the center staff will re-enter the area to secure the locker. Test takers will retain the key, and the locker area will remain under video surveillance while the center is open.
2. Proctor & Testing Room Procedures
Prior to entering the proctoring room, the following modified processes will be enacted:
- Test takers will be required to stand on the ‘stand here’ sign or ‘X’ in place on the floor, designating a safe distance away from the test center employee.
- Test takers will be asked to show arms and ankles, as well as empty their pockets from the agreed safe distance area. Please note that in order to ensure safe distancing practices, measures that require close personal contact such as wanding, biometric check-in, and second ID verification will be waived.
- Image capture (if applicable) will be completed from the same position.
- Note boards will be replaced with scratch paper to avoid reuse of materials.
During the exam process, the following modified process will be enacted:
- Test takers will be seated with an open seat between each active workstation to ensure distancing guidelines are satisfied during testing.
- Monitoring of the test room will be done exclusively using existing DVR monitoring. Physical walkthroughs will be waived unless there is adequate space to comply with local government distancing guidelines.
- If a break is permissible according to the exam program rules, center staff will follow established end of exam processes and will ensure the path is clear to exit.
- If locker access is allowed during breaks, the same process applied during check-in will be followed. Candidates will be instructed to only access lockers for food, drink, and medication, with the exception of programs with have full access.
- Test center staff will record the time in and out of the test room, removing the need for the candidate to sign the roster.
3. End of Test Procedures
Once the exam is complete, the following modified processes will be enacted:
- Test takers will be asked to return to the reception area to take a seat.
- Test center employees will then:
- Have the test taker come to the reception desk to sign out with provided pen, and advise test takers to sign next to any recorded break times.
- Instruct test takers to provide all scratch paper and places them into a secure bin.
- Allow test takers to go to their locker to collect personal items.
- Step away to allow test taker to sign out/return the locker key.
Final cleaning procedures will require:
- Test takers to place their pen in a holding tub prior to leaving the facility.
- Test center staff to use gloves to clean the used pens and put them back into circulation at the end of the day.
- Test center staff to clean every workstation, admin desk and proctor desk between each test taker, and at the start and end of each day.
- Test center staff to securely destroy all used scratch paper prior to leaving the test center.
Please note that these procedures will be subject to change as necessary. To help enhance the no-touch experience, access to water fountains has been disabled. We recommend bringing your own water to store in one of our lockers while you test.
We have fully reviewed all test center operations and continue to reinforce expected actions at all test centers around the world that will mitigate the risk of spread of the virus at these locations. These procedures include cleaning high-touch surfaces (ex. test stations, keyboard keys, mouse, etc.) before we open, in-between each candidate, and at the end of the day, and providing disposable wipes so that common surfaces can be wiped.