Prometric is continuing to assess the developments associated with the spread of the COVID-19 virus in countries around the world. We review daily the status of ordinances from local, state, federal, and country-specific jurisdictions, as well as revised guidance from health policy organizations such as the US Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO). We are also in regular communication with those organizations that entrust us with the delivery of their licensure and certification programs. Our goal remains to provide these organizations and the candidates they represent with the most appropriate options for testing that provide for individual health, safety and well-being.
The following information represents the most recent updates regarding regional resumption of testing activities based on this review.
North America (U.S. and Canada)
On May 1st, we resumed testing in a limited capacity in the U.S. and Canada for essential services programs. We have continued to monitor the changes to local and federal governance and implemented modified in-center procedures based on governmental ordinances and advice from the CDC and WHO. Based on current assessments, legislation will allow us to resume testing in phases for ALL programs in numerous states and regions across North America, where possible, starting June 1. The timing for the re-introduction of programs outside of essential services testing will vary by location.
Testing for essential programs only will continue at all open sites. Prometric continues to follow state and local government guidelines when discussing with our clients what programs qualify as essential.
Our open sites list is updated daily to reflect which sites are currently open or scheduled to open, along with the date in which testing will resume. Please note that some sites are still only available for essential services programs, as designated by our essential client list. Please refer to the “Program Availability” column of the site list to determine which sites are available to your program.
If your exam appointment is impacted due to continued site closures or state restrictions, depending on your program’s requirements, you will receive an email notification informing you that your appointment has been automatically rescheduled with your new test date and location, or has been canceled with instructions for how to reschedule for a future date. No rescheduling fees will be applied, and we are working with your exam sponsor to ensure all program requirements are met.
Based on current assessments, legislation will allow us to resume testing for ALL programs available in the United Kingdom starting June 1.
Our open sites list is updated daily to reflect which sites are currently opened or are scheduled to open, along with the date in which testing will resume. If your exam appointment is impacted due to continued site closures or regional restrictions, depending on your program’s requirements, you will receive an email notification informing you that your appointment has been rescheduled with your new test date and location, or has been canceled with instructions for how to reschedule for a future date. No rescheduling fees will be applied, and we are working with your exam sponsor to ensure all program requirements are met.
Prometric resumed testing in many of our China testing locations on April 20th. In order to comply with government guidelines and to safeguard the health and well-being of test takers and staff, Prometric test centers in China are following the Chinese Government & Building Management Epidemic Prevention Standards throughout the testing process. For a full list of these procedures, please click here.
If your appointment was canceled as a result of social distancing, you should have already received an email notification informing you of these policies, as well as instructions on how to reschedule for a future date. No rescheduling fees will be applied, and we are working with your exam sponsor to ensure all program requirements are met.
For All Candidates: Self Service and Support Options
When possible, we recommend you use our self-service, online scheduling services at https://www.prometric.com/test-takers/search. Should you need further assistance, please fill out the form located on our “Contact Us” page. Please note that response times may be extended due to the volume of individuals we are attempting to support. We will get back to you within 5-7 days. Please note that all telephone lines for testing accommodations remain open but are also experiencing longer than normal wait times due to the volume of rescheduling requests received. We thank you for your patience.
Test Center Actions
As we work to re-open test centers in the future, we have adopted enhanced measures in response to COVID-19. All of our test centers are required to abide by the procedures outlined here. Please click here for our most up-to-date social distancing and safety procedures.
Prometric has enacted the following procedures to help ensure your safety during your testing appointment:
- Requiring all test takers to bring and wear a face mask during the entirety of their time at the test center. Both medical masks and cloth face coverings are acceptable. Any test taker that comes to the test center without a mask will not be allowed to test, marked as a “no show,” and will not be eligible for a free reschedule.
- Permitting test takers to use gloves while they are testing. Please note items will be subject to visual inspection upon entry to the test center. For a full list of permissible items please check here.
- Enforcing social distancing practices throughout the check-in and testing process.
- Providing and requiring all Prometric test center staff to wear a protective mask
- Reducing points of physical contact/touchpoints between staff and test takers.
- Instituting new and continuous cleaning protocols.
- Providing clear, easy to read list of expectations for conduct at the testing center.
Please Note: if you fall into any of the following categories, you will not be permitted to test until you no longer fit the criteria:
- Have been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 14-days;
- Have been exposed unprotected to someone diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 14-days;
- Have experienced a fever of 100.4 F or higher, a change in taste or small, or respiratory-like issues or symptoms in the last 72-hours; OR
- Have returned from travel to a highly infected area in the last 14-days.
If any of the above applies to you, please utilize our liberal reschedule policy to reschedule your exam on www.prometric.com. By entering the test center, you attest that you are clear of the criteria outlined above for testing.
Test Center Cleanliness
We have fully reviewed all test center operations and continue to reinforce expected actions at all test centers around the world that will mitigate the risk of spread of the virus at these locations. These procedures include cleaning high-touch surfaces (ex. test stations, keyboard keys, mouse, etc.) before we open, in-between each candidate, and at the end of the day, and providing adequate PPE, cleaning supplies, and training to our staff on new cleaning protocols.
- Wash your hands frequently with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer or soap & water for at least 20 seconds.
- Cover your mouth and nose with your elbow or a tissue while coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, mouth, as well as through your mask.
- Review the CDC's Steps To Prevent Illness.
- Check frequently for updates.