| Canadian Association of Schools of Nursing (CASN)
Prometric Testing Center
To schedule an exam at a Prometric Test Center, select the appropriate option on the left side of the screen under Test Center Exam.
Then follow the on-screen prompts as you walk through the rest of the process.
For questions about exam scheduling, online testing, or testing centers, please email SMT-OperationsTeam@prometric.com or call 1-866-773-1114.
What is Online Remote Proctoring with Prometric ProProctor?
CASN has partnered with Prometric to provide remote proctoring exam sessions using Prometric’s ProProctor™ application. Using this remote proctoring service allows you to pre-schedule a time and date for completing your exam at a location of your choice.. You will be able to take your exam online while a Prometric proctor is overseeing the examination process remotely.
To ensure a positive experience using ProProctor throughout your exam, please read the following information.
Online, remote exams are offered using Prometric’s ProProctor™ application. For a remotely proctored exam, you must supply the computer which must have a camera, microphone and an internet connection and be able to install a lightweight app prior to the test event. You will be able to take the exam online while a Prometric proctor is overseeing the examination process remotely. To confirm that your computer and network will allow testing through ProProctor™ visit https://rpcandidate.prometric.com/
To schedule a Remotely Proctored exam, select the appropriate option on the left side of the screen under Remotely Proctored Exam.
ProProctor™ System Requirements:
The computer used for your remotely proctored exam must meet a few minimum requirements in order to be compatible with Prometric’s ProProctor™ application. If your system does not meet or exceed these requirements, you may be unsuccessful in launching and taking your exam. In advance of your test day, you MUST review the minimum requirements, which can be found here: https://www.prometric.com/proproctorcandidate
In addition, the ProProctor™ User Guide is available for your review.
On exam day
- Important: Use the same workspace setup, location, and system you used during your pre-check of internet speed and system check.
- Make sure your testing environment is clean and clear of clutter. Exams can be paused or cancelled due to a cluttered desk or area.
- Watch the “What to Expect on Test Day” video to learn more about what to expect.
- Have your Prometric confirmation number ready.
- On test day, you will be required to present one valid, government-issued photo ID that is legible. Acceptable Forms of ID are:
- Driver’s License
- Military ID Card
- State Issued ID
- When all the above steps are complete, perform the following steps 15-30 minutes before your scheduled start time:
- Launch the exam
- Successfully complete the system check.
- Select the appropriate icon under REMOTE PROCTOR EXAM SESSION on left hand side.
- Complete your pre-flight process with your proctor.
- Finally take your exam during the scheduled time window.
What happens if I have problems with my exam or system check?
- Please utilize the chatbot in ProProctor for assistance.
- All ProProctor services are managed by Prometric chatbox. Once you leave the WebCE platform, all issues must be resolved by Prometric.
- See the Prometric FAQ for manuals, guides, FAQ’s, and answers to common technical issues.