INFORMATION ABOUT AALAS
AALAS Testing Information - Learn more about the tests offered by Prometric by visiting the AALAS Web site.
Please find listed below some important references that might assist you in your exam preparation.
Assistant Laboratory Animal Technician (ALAT) Reference List
- ALAT Training Manual. American Association for Laboratory Animal Science. 2009
- Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals, 8th edition. National Research Council. Institute for Laboratory Animal Resources. National Academy Press, Washington, DC. 2011. ISBN 0-3090-5377-3, http://www.nap.edu
Laboratory Animal Technician (LAT) Level Reference List
- All ALAT materials above
- LAT Training Manual. American Association for Laboratory Animal Science. 2012
- Public Health Service Policy on Humane Care and Use of Laboratory Animals. Public Health Service, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Bethesda National Institutes of Health, Office of Laboratory Animal Welfare, MD 2015, http://grants.nih.gov/grants/olaw/references/phspolicylabanimals.pdf
- Good Laboratory Practices for Nonclinical Laboratory Studies. CRF 21, Part 58, Subparts A-K., http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cdrh/cfdocs/cfcfr/CFRsearch.cfm?CFRPart=58; EPA 40 CFR Part 160 https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/CFR-1999-title40-vol16/pdf/CFR-1999-title40-vol16-part160.pdf.
- AVMA Guidelines for the Euthanasia of Animals: 2013 Edition. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association. 2013, https://www.avma.org/KB/Policies/Documents/euthanasia.pdf
- Animal Welfare Regulations. Code of Federal Regulations, Title 9, Subchapter A, Parts 1-3 (9CFR 1-3) https://www.nal.usda.gov/awic/final-rules-animal-welfare-9-cfr-parts-1-2-and-3
Laboratory Animal Technologist (LATG) Level Reference List
- All ALAT & LAT materials above
- LATG Training Manual. American Association for Laboratory Animal Science. 2007
- Occupational Health and Safety in the Care and Use of Research Animals. National Research Council, Institute for Laboratory Animal Resources. National Academy Press, Washington, DC, 1997. ISBN 0-3090-5299-8, http://www.nap.edu