2023 Registration is now closed
College Board’s Advanced Placement® Program (AP®) offers college-level courses and exams that students can take while in high school. Since 1955, AP has enabled millions of students to take U.S. university undergraduate-level courses and earn undergraduate degree credit, advanced placement, or both. Taking AP can help students save money and time as well as stand out to colleges.
Prometric is authorized by AP to offer selected AP Exams to students in May 2023. All students, regardless of their country of residence or school they attend, are welcome to test with Prometric in Mumbai.
2023 AP Exam Schedule
AP Exams will be administered as paper & pencil exams only over three weeks in May: May 1–5 and May 8–12 for Regular Testing, and May 17-19 for Late Testing if students cannot test during the first two weeks of May. Early testing or testing at times other than those published by AP is not permitted under any circumstances.
Our center currently does not offer most of the AP Exams that require additional equipment or that have a course portfolio component (language exams, Music Theory, Art and Design, Seminar, and Research).
Our center offers both Regular and Late-Testing.
Please find below the schedule for Regular-Testing and Late Testing published by AP:
AP Exam Dates
01 May to 05 May 2023
Pen & Paper Exams shall be taken at Exam Center
17 May to 19 May 2023
Pen & Paper Exams shall be taken at Exam Center
AP Exam Schedule at Prometric Mumbai :
Note: Join Codes are for Test Registration Period 1 only. They will expire after March10, 2023.
2023 AP Exam Registration Timeline (Regular & Late Testing) and Exam Fee
Test Registration Period 1
Expected to open September 14, 2022
Last day to register: November 10, 2022
Regular Testing Fee: USD $190.00 per exam
Late Testing Fee: USD $230.00 per exam
Test Registration Period 2
Expected to open November 23, 2022
Last day to register: March 10, 2023
Regular Testing Fee: USD $230.00 per exam
Late Testing Fee: USD $270.00 per exam
Registration and Payment Policies:
Before you begin the registration process, please review carefully all the policies below:
- Registration is a two-part process, where you must register for the exam in College Board's My AP system and then navigate to Prometric's system to pay for the exams.
- You must use the same email address on both your College Board and Prometric accounts, and you will need to provide the unique AP ID from College Board to Prometric at the time of payment.
- Payment must be received by Prometric to complete registration and to reserve your seat.
- ONLY tests that have been registered via College Board’s My AP and for which payment has been received by Prometric will be ordered.
- If you register for an exam in My AP with a join code, but do not pay Prometric directly for the exams, or if you pay Prometric without completing exam registration in My AP, you will not be able to test, and you will not receive any refund.
- Once registration and payment are completed, you cannot change the subject(s) chosen for the AP Exam(s).
- You cannot register for the same AP Exam at two different schools or test centers.
- IMPORTANT! You may register for different exams at more than one school or test center. Use the same College Board account (same AP ID) to register for all exams. You MUST use the same College Board account for all exams, no matter where you take the exam. This ensures all scores are reported together.
AP Testing Policies:
Students must be enrolled in or affiliated with a secondary school (high school) to take AP Exams. Students in any of the categories below are eligible to test:
- Students testing at the secondary school where they’re enrolled.
- Students enrolled at a secondary school but testing at another authorized school or test center.
- Secondary school-level students who are homeschooled, participate in independent study, or attend a virtual school.
- Younger students who are not yet enrolled in secondary school (i.e., below ninth grade) but are prepared to take an AP Exam.
- If testing at an authorized AP test center in India: Students must be under the age of 21 at the time of the exams. (Born after May 31, 2002)
Prospective exam takers who do not meet the above requirements and have a legitimate need for AP testing must request approval via email from College Board at email@example.com, prior to registering with a test center.
*IMPORTANT: By scheduling your exam with Prometric, you are confirming that you meet the requirements above, or that the College Board has approved your legitimate need. If you do not meet these requirements, do not schedule your exam.
Additional testing policies:
- Can take any or all of the 4 Physics exams in the same year.
- Cannot retake an exam in the same year; you may retake it in a subsequent year.
- Cannot take both Calculus AB and Calculus BC Exams in the same year.
- AP Computer Science Principles Exam: To register, you must show you are enrolled in the corresponding AP course as there is a portfolio component that your AP teacher must review to receive a complete AP Exam score. For the other exams we offer, course enrollment is not required.
- You cannot take 2 regular exams scheduled for the same date and time. Decide which exam you wish to take first and then take the other exam during the late testing window.
- If you fail to arrive on time or do not meet the necessary eligibility criteria and requirements to test, you may not be admitted to the exam, and you will not receive a refund.
Rescheduling is not permitted. However, if a candidate wishes to cancel their exam appointment, the last day to cancel is March 10, 2023.
A refund of USD $125 will apply for each exam cancellation request that is processed within the cancellation window.
On test day, if a candidate is in violation of any of the check-in policies regarding valid government-issued photo IDs and is not admitted, or if the student is a no-show for an exam, the exam fee will not be refunded.
Force Majeure: No refunds will be given in the event of a force majeure (event or circumstance beyond the control of Prometric or College Board), unless the test center is not able to deliver the test.
Refunds, where applicable, are issued to the same account the candidate used to schedule. All refunds in the case of a force majeure are net of VAT and transaction fees.
Important ID Policy Update:
- Please plan any ID processing and applications in advance.
- Ensure you have acceptable ID to bring to the test site on exam day or you will not be able to test, and you will not receive a refund under any circumstances.
- AP-authorized test centers in India will only accept original, valid passport as ID for entry to the AP Exam administration.
- If original, valid passport is not available, then student must have his/her Aadhaar in either the original Letter format or the PVC version with hologram only (both received from UIDAI). No other Aadhaar versions will be accepted.
A sample of the letter version is shown on the left; it’s the entire piece of paper and not just the card portion at the bottom. The PVC card sample is on the right and must have a hologram.
Three Steps to Register Your AP Exam with Prometric.
Step 1. Look above in the “AP Exam Schedule at Prometric Mumbai” section of this page to find the unique join codes for the exams you wish to take at the Prometric test center.
Step 2. Go to My AP to create or access your AP account and enter your join code(s).
- Log in to College Board’s website for registering for AP Exams, via My AP: https://myap.collegeboard.org/login .
- (Create an account only if you do not already have one you use for SAT, PSAT, AP).
Enter the join codes provided above by Prometric to join the exams you want to take at the Prometric test center. Please complete this key process before you register and pay the fee to Prometric. Watch the tutorial on how to join the exam.
Before leaving My AP, write down your AP ID. You’ll need it for the next step. You can find your AP ID here:
Important: Your registered name in My AP must match the name on your ID that you will be presenting at the test center. Please contact AP Services for Students to correct the name on your My AP account if needed (Inquiry Form: cb.org/apstudentinquiry, Phone: + 1 212-632-1780), Live Chat: https://apstudents.collegeboard.org/ “Live Chat” button will be active when agent is available).
Step 3. Return to this page to register and pay Prometric for your AP Exam(s).
- Please use the schedule links on the left side of this webpage to proceed with your registration. Have your AP ID handy; you will need it to schedule with Prometric.
- Complete payment for the exam(s) selected and a payment confirmation letter email will be sent to you.
- Your registered name must match the name on your IDs that you will be presenting at the test center, as well as the name on your College Board student account.
Note: Students must ensure that they have registered for and joined all AP Exams on My AP, paid the exam fee(s) to Prometric, and completed the entire process mentioned in the above 3 steps by the deadlines listed. There will be no extensions to the deadlines allowed later and no refund will be provided.
Test Center Location
2nd Floor, Aruna Manharlal Shah Institute of Management and Research,
Maneklal Amulakhrai Mehta Marg,
B/H MTNL Telephone Exchange,
Off L.B.S. Marg, Ghatkopar West, Mumbai – 400086
For any related inquiry regarding your College Board student account and My AP login issues, please contact AP Services for Student:
- Inquiry Form: cb.org/apstudentinquiry
- Live Chat available on AP Students website
- Phone: +1 212-632-1780
For inquiry on your Prometric registration and payment please contact Prometric customer service:
+ 91 124 4147700 India, Mumbai –
For payment and Prometric portal questions, please contact Prometric customer support.