This page provides exam information for USMLE candidates, including scheduling an exam, test center policies, and contact support.
In Response to COVID-19
Prometric and the USMLE® program are working collaboratively to address the assessment needs of the medical licensure community during the tumultuous and evolving period of response to the COVID-19 pandemic. We understand the impact that these circumstances have on USMLE test takers and constituents, and we are committed to enacting appropriate measures to preserve and maintain access to this testing program to the best of our abilities. We appreciate the need for timely and accurate information on the status of candidate appointments and test center availability. We are working together to address the identified needs of the medical education community.
The following information will provide you with an understanding of the actions and responses Prometric is taking in support of the USMLE program.
Important Information and Guidance for Exam Candidates
Prometric is hopeful that the COVID-19 situation in many markets continues to improve, providing more opportunities to support USMLE test takers. We will continue to review local & state guidelines to ensure centers are open and operational where permitted to do so.
We will continue to review our social distancing requirements and make determinations on whether we can preserve future appointments or if they need to be cancelled due to our inability to test at specific locations, based on local and state guidelines.
When such a decision occurs in the future, Prometric will process the cancellation and send you a notification that your appointment has been cancelled, so you can schedule a new appointment. Please note that last minute cancellations due to unforeseen circumstances can occur, in which case you will receive a pre-communications letting you know your appointment has been cancelled, with a follow up email letting you know when it has been updated in the system so you can schedule via self-serve. Our goal is to ensure you have current, accurate information to support your assessment needs.
For more information about taking your United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE), make sure to check out the following resources regarding site status, modified test center procedures, safety measures, FAQs, and candidate support (in alphabetical order).
- COVID-19 Test-Taker FAQ: provides answers to frequently asked questions you might have about impacts to your exam.
- COVID-19 Updates: provides the most current information on Prometric's operation status and safety measures.
- Site Updates List: captures any changes in program availability or occupancy restrictions at each test center, as well as reflects temporary closures due to inclement weather or other unforeseen circumstances.
- Test Center Policies: provides a detailed look at our standard and social distancing policies and test center procedure modifications that you are expected to follow while at the test center.
- Travel Notice Advisory: provides Prometric’s policy for test takers traveling to take their USMLE exam.
- What to Expect Video: provides an in-depth look at Prometric’s enhanced safety protocols and what you can expect when you come to a Prometric test center during COVID-19, from check-in all the way through exam completion.
Schedule Your Exam
Please select one of the following links below.
USMLE Step 1
Click this link to go to United States Medical Licensing Exam Step1
USMLE Step 2
Click this link to go to United States Medical Licensing Exam Step2
USMLE Step 3
Click this link to go to United States Medical Licensing Exam Step3
USMLE Practice Exam
Click this link to go to United States Medical Licensing Exam Practice Session
Prometric Contacts by Location
|South Korea||007-9814-2030-248||Mon - Fri: 9:00 am-6:00 pm|
|China||+86-10-82345674, +86-10-61957801 (fax)||Mon - Fri: 8:30 am-7:00 pm GMT +10:00|
|India||+91-124-4147700||Mon - Fri: 9:00 am-5:30 pm GMT +05:30|
|Japan||Mon - Fri: 9:00 am-6:00 pm GMT +09:00|
|+603-76283333||Mon - Fri: 8:30 am-7:00 pm GMT +10:00|