Information About PNCB
PNCB Testing Information - Learn more about the exams delivered by Prometric by visiting the PNCB website. The PNCB Exam Candidate Handbook contains important information regarding your certification exam including policies, restrictions, and security procedures. All candidates should carefully review the Handbook during the application process and before their exam appointment.
Your Eligibility ID is still required to schedule your exam.
Scheduling your Exam
To schedule your exam at a Prometric Testing Center
Select the appropriate icon on left hand side to get started.
After scheduling your exam, please review your appointment confirmation email to ensure that you have the correct exam, date, time, and testing location.
If you find that you must reschedule your exam appointment, please do so at least 16 days or more before your originally scheduled exam appointment to avoid a rescheduling fee charged by Prometric. Please see the PNCB Exam Candidate Handbook for rescheduling fees.
Cancellation less than 5 days before test day, failure to appear, or arriving 15 minutes late will result in candidates forfeiting all fees paid.
What to Bring to the Testing Center
You will be required to present valid, accepted ID as instructed in the PNCB Exam Candidate Handbook. One ID requires a current photo and signature. The name on the identification must be the same as the name that appears on your exam application. If you fail to produce the proper form of identification, you will not be admitted to the examination and will forfeit your exam fees. For more information about proper identification and how to change your name if needed, please refer to the Identification for Admission to Exam section in the PNCB Exam Candidate Handbook.
What to Expect on Exam Day
Please reference the PNCB Exam Candidate Handbook for a detailed listing of testing rules.
A tutorial of computer features is available to preview before your exam starts. It will review navigation functions and flagging questions for review.
Important Test Day Reminders
- Review your appointment confirmation email to confirm your appointment time.
- Arrive at the testing center at least 30 minutes prior to your appointment time regardless of whether your appointment is in-person or remotely proctored.
- Review driving directions. Allow sufficient travel time including traffic, parking, locating the test center, and checking in. Depending on the location of the testing facility, additional parking fees may apply. Prometric does not have the ability to validate parking.
- Bring required identification. The name on identification must be the same as the name that appears on your exam application.
- No breaks are scheduled during the exam. Candidates may take unscheduled breaks as needed but may not leave the testing facility and will not be given extra time on the exam.
Preliminary Score Reports
Candidates receive their preliminary unofficial results on-screen immediately after testing. No print-out is provided. Official exam results will be emailed from PNCB within 3 weeks after testing. The email is sent to the address the examinee used when applying for the exam.
Contacts By Location
Mon - Fri: 8:00 am-8:00 pm ET