Information About NBPME
NBPME Testing Information - Learn more about the tests offered by Prometric by visiting the NBPME's APMLE website.
Beginning with the Class of 2015, The APMLE consists of four components: Part I, Part II written, Part II CSPE and Part III. The Part I and Part II written exams are designed to assess whether a candidate possesses the knowledge required to practice as a minimally competent entry-level podiatric physician. Part III is a licensing exam designed to determine whether a candidate’s knowledge and clinical skills are adequate for safe, unsupervised practice.
Important Notice: Effective immediately, all NBPME appointments must be scheduled through the Prometric website. Phone scheduling will no longer be offered unless you have been approved for a Testing Accommodation. Please refer to the bulletin for additional details.
Attention Part III Applicants
Beginning April 13, 2016, Part III registration will be available through the Prometric online system. Paper applications will no longer be accepted.
An online account is required to complete the application. If you are accessing the online system for the first time, you need to create a new account.
If you previously registered during the online process for the Part I and/or Part II exam, please log in using your original username and password. You will not need to create a new account.
Part III candidates who have graduated will be required to upload transcripts or diplomas electronically via the online tool. Supported formats are limited to Word and PDF documents, with a maximum file size of 2MB.
Part III candidates who have not yet graduated are not required to upload transcripts.
Access My Account - Click Here
The Part I examination samples the candidate’s knowledge in the basic science areas of General Anatomy, including embryology, histology, genetics, and geriatrics; Lower Extremity Anatomy; Biochemistry; Physiology; Microbiology and Immunology; Pathology; and Pharmacology.
Download the Part I Bulletin - Click Here
The Part II examination samples the candidate’s knowledge in clinical science areas, including Medicine; Medical Imaging; Orthopedics; Biomechanics; Sports Medicine; Anesthesia; Surgery; Community Health; Jurisprudence; and Research.
Download the Part II Bulletin - Click Here
The Part III examination samples the candidate’s knowledge in Medicine, Medical Imaging, Orthopedics and Biomechanics, Anesthesia, Surgery, Evidence Based Medicine, Community Health, and Professionalism.
Download the Part III Bulletin - Click Here
Steps to Prepare for APMLE Exam
- Review the bulletin thoroughly to familiarize yourself with the examination process.
- Select Access My Account above. If it is your first time accessing your account, Select Create account to set up your user ID and password. Please note that your user ID will be your email address. Returning users should log in using their existing username and password.
- Once your registration is approved, you will receive an Authorization to Test (ATT) email notification and must then log back in to your online account to schedule an appointment and pay to take your exam.
- Prepare for your exam using the bulletin and other materials. The content outlines in the bulletin are the basis for the exams.
- Take the scheduled exam, bringing required identification to the test center.
- You will receive your exam results from Prometric approximately four weeks after taking the exam.