Please review the updated Frequently Asked Questions guide carefully regarding recent changes in requirements for Non-Resident Title, Resident Adjuster, Non-Resident Adjuster and Bail Bonds agents.
Online services are provided through Vertafore at Sircon.com.
- Approved course lists
- Course offering schedule submission
- Continuing Education transcript
E-mail Vertafore to request information on using Web-based services.
INFORMATION FOR LICENSEES
Producers are no longer required to provide their SSNs to CE providers or to Prometric. (See the FAQs below for details.)
- As of October 1, 2013, the 50% limitation on self-study courses has been removed. Producers may now take 100% self-study courses towards their CE compliance.
- If a resident licensee has been consecutively licensed for 25 or more years prior to October 1, 2008, their continuing education requirement is 8 hours.
- For all resident producers per renewal period, at least 3 hours of the required hours of Continuing Education shall relate directly to ethics.
- Verifiable self-study courses for continuing education are acceptable if the course has been submitted for approval by an authorized provider.
- Maryland has NOT increased its continuing education requirement for Long Term Care Insurance. If a producer sells, solicits or negotiates long term care insurance, the continuing education requirement under Maryland law requires a producer to complete two (2) continuing education hours in long term insurance.
Effective June 1, 2022, Courses approved under the Title course category will no longer be applied to required CE hours for Maryland license holders who do not hold a Title line of authority. For those only holding a Title line of authority, all continuing education requirements must be satisfied with courses approved under the Title course category.
- Who has to take CE courses?
- What types of courses are acceptable?
- Nonresident licensees CE requirements
- Exemptions from CE requirements
More information about CE requirements is available on the regulatory agency website. The link below takes you out of the Prometric website and into the agency site.