HRPA CHRP-KE and CHRL-KE Knowledge Exams and CHRP/CHRL Employment Law Exams.
There are now two ways to take your HRPA certification exams. As a candidate you have the option to take your exam either in a Prometric Testing Centre or through a remotely proctored internet enabled location of your choice where you must provide a computer with a camera, microphone and an internet connection. To confirm your computer will allow you to test through ProProctor™ please click here to perform a system check prior to scheduling your exam.
Only those candidates who have received a Confirmation of Eligibility from HRPA to write their exam via email and have registered and paid for the exam through HRPA will be permitted to schedule an exam appointment time. For eligibility requirements, visit HRPA’ website.
Your Eligibility ID is still required to schedule your exam. Your eligibility ID is your HRPA registration/membership number.
Scheduling your Exam
1. To schedule your exam at a Prometric Testing Centre – select the option test in-person exam which means you are taking your exam in a test centre
2. To schedule a Remotely Proctored Exam – select the option to test remotely proctored exams
If you find that you must reschedule your exam appointment (date and time) within the same testing window, use the reschedule/cancel option on this website – please do so at least 30 days or more before your current scheduled exam appointment to avoid a rescheduling fee. Rescheduling fees will apply as follows:
- More than 30 days in advance of the current scheduled exam appointment: No fee
- 2-29 calendar days in advance of the current exam appointment: $50.00 + HST
- Less than two (2) calendar days in advance of current exam appointment:
- No ability to reschedule/cancel exam
- Exam fees will be forfeited and you will be required to pay HRPA to re-register for the exam
What to Bring to the Testing Centre
You will be required to present a valid, non-expired government-issued ID with a current photo and signature. The name on the identification must be the same as the first and last name that appears in the HRPA database which, as required, is your legal first and last name. If you fail to produce the proper form of identification and your identity cannot be verified, you will not be permitted to take the exam and will forfeit your exam fees. For more information about proper identification and a list of acceptable forms of ID and how to change your name if needed, please refer to your Confirmation of Eligibility email sent to you by HRPA.
Important Test Day Reminders
- Review your Appointment Confirmation email sent by Prometric to confirm your appointment time and your confirmation number. The confirmation number is required to launch your test remotely and is different than your eligibility ID.
- Arrive at the testing centre at least 15- 30 minutes prior to your appointment time regardless of whether your appointment is in-person or remotely-proctored.
- Review driving directions where applicable. Allow sufficient travel time, including traffic, parking, locating the test centre, and checking in. Depending on the location of the testing facility, additional parking fees may apply. Prometric does not have the ability to validate parking.
- Bring a valid, non-expired government-issued photo identification.
Exam Regulations and Protocol – please refer to the Confirmation of Eligibility email sent by HRPA for this information.
If you wish to reschedule/change your exam date, time or location within the same testing window, you must do so no later than two (2) calendar days of your exam appointment time using the reschedule/cancel option on this website.
You may withdraw from the exam completely and receive a refund of your exam fees, minus a $55.00 + HST administration fee. All withdrawal requests must be submitted to HRPA directly; Prometric does not handle these requests. Requests to withdraw from the exam must be made within 29 calendar days of your scheduled appointment. In certain extenuating circumstances (such as illness or bereavement) the administration fee may be waived at HRPA’s discretion. Supporting documentation must be submitted along with the Examination Withdrawal Form.
By withdrawing from the exam, you do not intend to take the test during the 2 week long testing window. If you wish to take the test in a future testing window, you will be required to register and make payment to HRPA. For the list of 2021 exam dates for the CHRP-KE and CHRL-KE exams, please click here. For the list of 2021 exam dates for the CHRP and CHRL Employment Law Examinations, please click here.
Important Information about HRPA
Click on the following links to learn more information: