Frequently Asked Questions
Food Safety Brochure
Assuring Knowledge and Skills to Protect the Public
Prometric, a leading provider of testing and assessment solutions, has developed and delivered food safety exams since 1989. From field to table, retailers, grocers, restaurants, manufacturers, processors, health departments and convenience stores have used our exams to help keep the public safe and protect their businesses from the consequences of food safety incidents.
Prometric is one of five certification providers accredited by ANSI-CFP to offer food manager exams. Our Certified Professional Food Manager (CPFM) exam has been ANSI accredited since 2003.
Prometric Certified Professional Food Manager Exam
- Follows FDA Food Code to align with industry practices.
- Validates food safety managers by testing them on the “body of knowledge” of food safety best practices.
- Offered in multiple languages, including English, Spanish, Korean, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese and some bi-lingual formats.
- Multiple test delivery options available: paper-based (PBT), computer-based (CBT), internet–based (IBT) formats, and via remote proctoring. ANSI accredited for 15 consecutive years.
- Exam content refreshed quarterly with involvement from industry subject matter experts (SMEs) to ensure questions are current and relevant.
- Created by industrial and organizational psychologists, allowing the exam to address best practices for test takers.
ANSI-CFP Accreditation for High-Quality Testing
ANSI, as the voice of U.S. standards, is a recognized organization CFP uses to conduct accreditation activities on its behalf.
An ANSI accredited food safety exam offers:
- Universal standards with universal acceptance.
- A reliable and legally defensible exam.
- Third-party accreditation supported by a best-practices approach.
- Currency with industry practices and regulations.
- A certification program vs a training certificate.