The Arizona Barbering and Cosmetology Board (the “Board”) is responsible for licensing and regulating the profession of Cosmetology in the State of Arizona. Professional Credential Services (“PCS”) partners with Prometric to provide the administrative and examination services.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: December 19th, we/Prometric revamped our scheduling systems to our new Iso-Quality Testing (IQT) platform.
Note – the exam content has not changed, this only applies to the scheduling process!
How does this impact you?
- As of February 1, 2023, all Arizona Barbering and Cosmetology Theory and Written Practical exams will be scheduled and administered through the IQT Platform and will need to be scheduled via www.iqttesting.com. Please refer to and retain your IQT ATT letter for information specific to scheduling, rescheduling or cancellations.
- All eligible candidates were reissued an eligibility through Iso-Quality Testing (IQT).
- A new Authorization to Test email (ATT) was sent to the email address you used to apply with PCS from “SMT Notice - firstname.lastname@example.org”.
- Please log onto www.iqttesting.com and choose the option Schedule/Reschedule an Exam. You will need your unique UserID and Password that is listed on your ATT letter.
- If you are unable to locate your ATT letter, please check your Junk/Spam Folder. If you did not receive the letter, please email SMT-OperationsTeam@prometric.com to request a replacement ATT letter.
- In the event that you arrive at a testing center and in the rare event you are unable to test due to a site issue (unexpected site closure, technical issue, etc.) please reach email IQT email SMT-OperationsTeam@prometric.com to reschedule your exam.
Q- How do I schedule an Arizona Barbering and Cosmetology theory and/or written practical through IQT?
A – Once you have been approved by PCS to test, you will receive an ATT letter, advising you are approved. Once approved, the quickest and easiest way to schedule your exam is to do it online at www.iqttesting.com, which is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Please log onto www.iqttesting.com and choose the option Schedule/Reschedule an Exam. You will need your UserID and Password that was listed on your ATT letter.
Q- Can I cancel and/or reschedule my test appointment via the Prometric Website?
A – All exams will need to be scheduled through the IQT platform. Please log onto www.iqttesting.com and choose the option Schedule/Reschedule an Exam. You will need your UserID and Password that was listed on your ATT letter. If you’re attempting to reschedule or cancel an appointment within the month of January, you will need to contact us directly for support.
Q- What do I do if I missed or failed my examination?
A - Please visit www.pcshq.com to re-apply for any future examinations.
Q- What if I arrive at the testing center and there is a technical issue or unexpected site closure?
A - Please email the IQT customer service at SMT-OperationsTeam@prometric.com.
Q -Is Payment due at the time I schedule my exam?
A - No. Payment was made to PCS at the time you applied for your exam.
Q - How far out can I reschedule or cancel my exam from the original test date?
A - You must complete your request at least five (5) business days prior to your appointment. Please log onto IQTTesting.com and choose the option Schedule/Reschedule an Exam. You will need your UserID and Password that was listed on your ATT letter.
Q- Is online scheduling offered?
A - Yes, online scheduling is the preferred method of scheduling. You may schedule your exam online 24 hours a day 7 days per week. If additional assistance is needed, please email the IQT customer service at SMT-OperationsTeam@prometric.com.