AST and AST-SC Self-Assessment Language Options
The sample tests will help you to familiarise yourself with the computer-based tests which you will have to sit in the first stage of AST-SC and AST competitions or an FG I/FG II/FGIII-level selection procedure (CAST).
Part 1 – Reasoning tests (applicable for competitions and CAST) consists of the following sections (Combined time - 41 minutes).
- Verbal reasoning test (10 questions)
- Numerical reasoning test ( 5 questions)
- Abstract reasoning test (10 questions)
Part 2 - (applicable only for specific AST-SC and AST competitions) consists of:
- Professional skills: Accuracy and Precision test (40 questions – 6 minutes)
Part 3 - (applicable only for specific AST-SC and AST competitions) consists of:
- Professional skills : Prioritising & Organising test (24 questions – 30 minutes)
Languages: As in the real tests, you should take the verbal, numerical and abstract reasoning tests in your main language and the professional skills tests in your second language.
Timing: The tests are timed. In part 1 you will have 41 min
Scoring: After each test you will receive your score.
Minimal computer requirements
- Minimum Internet connection 56k, but recommend high-speed connection of 1 Mbps
- Minimum screen resolution of 1024 x 768 with 256 colour;
- Supported browsers: Internet Explorer v10 or above, Mozilla Firefox v20 or above, Chrome v25.0 or above, Safari v6 or above
Equipment: For a true representation of the actual tests you should only have with you a pen and paper, plus a physical calculator (with basic functions) for the numerical reasoning. While an on-screen calculator will also be available online for the numerical reasoning test, please note that the calculators provided in the proctored test centre environment offer only basic functions.
Please note that you should only use the navigation buttons within the exam application. Please do not use the back and forward buttons in your browser.
If you experience any technical issue with your exam please contact Prometric at EPSO.Practice@prometric.com
|PART 1 - REASONING TESTS|
|PART 2 - PROFESSIONAL SKILLS - ACCURACY AND PRECISION|
|PART 3 - PROFESSIONAL SKILLS - PRIORITISING AND ORGANISING|
Disclaimer: Your results at the self-assessment do not create any legal rights and are not taken into account in any way should you decide to proceed with your application. The questions delivered within the self-assessment are no longer part of EPSO's item bank and will therefore not be used in the actual tests. However, these questions remain fully covered by applicable copyrights.